The WoodlandsMT.com | May 15, 2020
This picture is very pleasing to the eye. Everything has a place and space. No matter what size of a home you have lived in, any sized home can feel spacious and pleasant if time and care is taken to organize and downsize, being careful to keep only elements that we need and that bring us joy.
Moving is a great time to freshen things up and lighten our load. It is time to sort through things that your hands may not have touched for many years. Time to take a good look at everything you own and decide whether it is an asset to your lifestyle or a burden. Here are some tips to help with that process:
To start, you will need to sort your things into four basic categories: Keep, Store, Sell/Give, and Trash. It may be helpful to have boxes built and handy, tabled for the things you want to store or give away. Start with one area of your home at a time (ie. a closet, a dresser, or the dreaded garage :) ). Go through each item, deciding which fits into which category.
If you are having trouble figuring out what to toss, look for these key signs that something is best thrown out or given away:
- You never took it out of the box.
- It doesn’t fit your style or needs
- You think, “I might need this someday”
- It’s old or out of date
- You won’t use or read it again
- It’s an unfinished project
- It hasn’t been touched in 6 months to 1 year and holds no sentimental value
Furniture that won’t fit into your new space When deciding what to keep, make sure you don’t overlook:
- Sentimental items that you want to see regularly
- Items with high value that you desire to keep close
- Clothing items important for special occasions We hopes these tips help as you prepare for The Woodlands!
We hopes these tips help as you prepare for The Woodlands!
Published on 5/15/2020 (1 years 36 days ago)